You already excel as a researcher, but do you also excel as a scientist?
Becoming successful in your work involves so much more than winning grants and building a strong publication record. Ever wondered how to exert influence or to be more effective in your work? Or…what the differences are between academia and industry and what you have to offer? Which direction to take and how to get on your way? How to position yourself and make use of your talents in a wider context of e.g. politics and society?
At the PCDI Retreat you will find out how to take charge of your career and jump-start the future!
On this 3-day course you will:
Learn what your hidden talents are
- Improve your transferable skills at the training workshops
- Attend inspiring seminars by successful PhDs within or outside academia
- Discuss with key players in the field how to position yourself as a scientist at university and in a wider context at the forum
- Network with dozens PhDs to gain insights into working for or with the industry
- Find out what is important to you, how to make use of your talent and use the opportunities available to you
No matter whether you have a career in academia or elsewhere in mind, at the PCDI Retreat you will learn how to increase your chances of success and jump-start (to) the future that suits you!
This 10th edition of the PCDI Retreat specifically targets researchers in Science, Technologies, Engineering & Maths (STEM) and takes place from 29 to 31 Oktober 2014.
The Postdoc Career Development Initiative (PCDI) organises this course to increase the awareness of the capacities and career possibilities of postdocs and final year PhD students. The course has previously been attended by >850 early career scientists, including researchers from abroad. Curious to know what fellow scientists learned at the PCDI Retreat? Check the testimonials by former retreat participants on our website.
Visit www.pcdi.nl for more information on the programme and registration.
VU University researchers should contact their research director or group leader!